From: Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Jonestown
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Monday, November 10, 2008, 8:53 AM

This week is the 30th anniversary of Jonestown. I was in Iran on the world
peace project when it happened and my buddies freaked out when I went missing
one night. I didn’t show up for a meeting because I was in a friend’s room
reading about the incident in his TIME magazine. When we got back to
Switzerland Maharishi commented that “a Christian cult had committed suicide.”
He was gloating a bit, as he was pissed at the fundamentalists for opposing TM
in the schools, etc., and he was lumping the Jonestown cult in with them. A
year or two later, MMY send a small delegation to Guyana to ask government
officials there to give land and support for a Sidhaland in the jungle. The
government bureaucrat’s reaction was basically, “Are you nuts? Don’t you know
what we’ve been through down here?”