On Nov 10, 2008, at 1:25 PM, enlightened_dawn11 wrote:

The two men shook hands and then, according to Obama, Bush
turned to an aide, "who squirted a big dollop of hand sanitizer
in the president's hand."

Bush then offered some to Obama, who recalled: "Not wanting to
seem unhygienic, I took a squirt."

http://tinyurl.com/5jfdgv

i read the whole thing. what was barack supposed to do? as
diplomatic to bush, as bush was an asshole to him, he accepted
the "gift" of sanitizer. just made bush look worse imo.

I don't get it--why does *anybody* need sanitizer?
Is this common procedure at the WH?  If so,
it's bizarre, and I've never heard of it before.

Sal