On Nov 10, 2008, at 3:58 PM, Vaj wrote:

I don't get it--why does *anybody* need sanitizer?
Is this common procedure at the WH?  If so,
it's bizarre, and I've never heard of it before.

Standard prophylaxis. A very common disease prevention tool and the frontline in infection control--esp. for anyone who shakes a lot of hands or touches a lot of people. It's to prevent him from catching a cold or the flu, etc.

Well, what if he did catch one of those things?
We have to live with germs, and the best way to
develop immunity is by limited exposure, not
total avoidance.

Sal