On Nov 26, 2008, at 2:01 AM, sparaig wrote:

>> Ask the yogic flyers you know if they expect to fly.  Most say (Nabby
>> excepted) they are not doing it to fly and it is unlikely that they
>> will fly.
>>
>> Ask the same question 30 years ago and the ones I talked to then
>> expected to fly.
>>

> Fly when? Tomorrow? Or ever? Or that no-one will ever?
>
> The *technique* is all about flying. If they've given up, that's
> counter-productive,
> in my understanding of things. Equally counter-productive is
> clinging to the
> expectation that you will fly at or by some specific point in the
> future.

It's especially counterproductive when you realize, from the POV of
the Patanjali and yogic tradition anyways, they've never been given
the full method for levitation which consists of more than one siddhi
formula and it's corresponding yogic method which doesn't even appear
in the YS, it's always given "ear-to-ear".