--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutp...@...> wrote:

>In waking state there is an experience of an individuality; a private
psychological self. In waking state there is a mistaken notion that
this individuality will get enlightened; that it will have some sort
of "enlightened" experience. But the only reason a "you" exists is
because consciousness is identified with and projected into some
relative vehicle of mind and consciousness has become the object it
identifies with.

Peter,

> When consciousness becomes conscious of its own consciousness

And when exactly did Consciousness lose consciousness of its own
Consciousness?

>this identification is withdrawn and there is no longer a bound
identity to consciousness.

If Consciousness never lost consciousness of its own Consciousness ,
which appears to be the underlying reality, then your model appears to
fall apart.

> A "you" no longer exists. There is the mind, emotions and everything
else, but there is no longer an identity with these vehicles.

Your premise is that Consciousness (being conscious of Itself) emerged
one day, and the false identity with individuality similtaneously
disappeared. Though  this is clear representation of SCI tape xyz,
that in itself does not make it a stellar and unchallengeable
statement (cough, shoot the heretic, cough).  It is at odds with my
world view and life experience -- and my perception of others -- both
live and remote -- via their writings or other media.

Just because you strongly think a thought, or it seems overpoweringly
true, that doesn't make it true. As you have often laudably opined.
And just because MMY or SSRI (my little joke thought I love him) says
it, that too does not make it true.

If Consciousness never lost Consciousness of its own Consciousness,
then what happened to enable people to sink to (apparently) dark
levels of appreciation of life.  Thats an interesting question.

(Apparent levels of dark behavior is another issue -- which I view as
the unwinding of karma -- thus behavior may be blissy or may be dark
-- its whatever is there to be unwound -- and is distinct from ones
inner life and appreciation of life.)