Rick Archer wrote:
> Progress report: I purchased and ran
> http://www.liutilities.com/products/speedupmypc/ and it sped things up
> considerably, both boot up and general operation. I'm thinking of getting
> http://tinyurl.com/bt9cg7 for backup instead of Norton Ghost, with which
> I've been rather dissatisfied. Anyone have any experience with
> ShadowProtect, or opinions on alternatives?
I use Acronis True Image on my XP Pro machine.  Everything else I use
the free System Rescue CD which is a lean bootable version of Linux that
can backup drives (it can also backup NTFS drives).  However the latter
is still fairly geeky.  I just wrote the instructions on my CD to
refresh my mind how it works.  I backup to a 500 GB Buffalo external drive.
http://www.acronis.com/
http://www.sysresccd.org/