They just want slave labor.  They need cheap labor to patch their
Windows spaghetti code.  And believe me according to a friend who worked
there and walked through a lot of that code trying to find bugs in it
says it is spaghetti.  Forget about the programming management books
Microsoft publishes.  They use none of that stuff.  They just published
them because some of their people wrote them and my friend said even
those people weren't capable of following the guidelines they wrote.

If Microsoft wants to save money then have a team move the Windows GUI
on top of Linux.  Get rid of the broken and screwed up permissions
system that Vista has and some wacko team at MS dreampt up instead of
using the time tested one that's in Linux, UNIX and even OS X.

I can't believe there are even geeks excited about Windows 7.  Who needs
it?  (Obviously the people who are stuck with Vista and can't stand it
and hope 7 will save them).

Soon everybody will be broke in the US soon and MS will be able to hire
competent "highly skilled" programmers at minimum wage.  If Microsoft
still exists at that point.

I remember when I was in India over 10 years ago one of our tour guides
had a Master's in computer science.  He was asking me about jobs so I
asked him if he had any experience programming Windows.  Of course not.
Back then they way they learned was to stand around a computer in a
group and watch an instructor show them how to do things.  They got very
little hands on experiences.  I told him he was up against westerners
who owned computers and maybe never took a class in computer science but
learned from books how to program, even Windows programming, and could
show me some programs they had written.  That's who I hired.  People
with REAL experience not theoretical knowledge.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: