<curtisdeltabl...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <geezerfreak@>
> wrote:
> > That's right Curtis! Don't be "buying into Barry's
> > bilious propaganda"!
>
> Since I actually started this angle of re-examination
> of yoga terms I believe it must have been Barry who
> was buying into MY bilious propaganda!

That's true, I take it all back. You used the terms
"broken" and "fix," and Barry then did a whole riff
on them:

> > I am claiming that my my relationship
> > with my body and mind are in "proper
> > perspective." It isn't broken and doesn't
> > need fixing.
>
> Hear, hear. It's fascinating when you realize
> that most of the people who are preaching to you
> trying to convince you to join their religion or
> to think like them are asking you to buy in to
> a *lesser* state of self esteem, isn't it? One
> in which you are "broken" until something outside
> yourself "fixes" you. And they wonder why people
> laugh at them.

BZZZZT. So many mistakes in this paragraph.

First, most seekers decide on their own
that there's something more to life than
what they're experiencing, and then go
looking for it.

Second, other than perhaps fundamentalist
Christians, nobody gets told they're "broken"
and need to be "fixed." It's that there's
something *more* available.

Third, it isn't what's outside oneself that
gives one that something more; it's already
there inside oneself.

Fourth, only really low-class, meanspirited,
pinched people laugh at those who want to
share with them an experience they've found
beneficial. And only the lowest of these
maliciously misrepresent it in an attempt to
get others to laugh.