> > Curtis writes in this, "I don't share his (Maharishi's) view
> > that the silence experienced in meditation is our true nature or
>our
> > real self."
> >
> > Ouch, is that right? True?
>
> Without the belief system mindset experiencing the silence of
> meditation is not obviously my "true" nature or "real self."  It is
> just a state of mind I can experience. I don't know what it means
>but
> I would not on my own assume it was a part of me that survives death
> for example, or any of the other magical properties Maharishi
>ascribes
> to it.
>
> Do you feel that it is your true nature or real self?  Why?

Well yes, is my experience.  Just is.  S'pose if I was a tru-
believer, I'd probably encourage you to get your meditation checked
and hope that you'll come around.  But I do agree with you also. Is
way more than TM.  Meditation does comes in the silence that follows
the mantra.   Sit with that and look in to that and thee will see.
Kind of age old.  That was just something not particularly taught
though, other than coming back t o the mantra as that noisy re-
introduction method when you notice you are off in TM.  That TM
process of spacing out, different from spiritual discipline of
peering in.  Depends a little more on what you are looking for than
just the `natural tendency' of the mind.

Thanks,
-Doug in Iowa