--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wgm4u@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Have you even known morally lazy meditators? I have,
> > > as if meditation alone was going to transform them
> > > and almost as if effort was a 'no-no', it's totally
> > > absurd what some TM'ers have been lead to think.....
> > > but then I guess without any ethical guidelines that
> > > is to be expected, sad.
> >
> > Nonsense. There's no lack of ethical guidelines in
> > this world. MMY didn't feel the need to come out
> > with his own set when there were so many already out
> > there. As you know, he recommended that if one needs
> > guidelines, one follow the laws of the land, the
> > prescriptions of one's religion, and the advice of
> > one's elders, plus "Never do what you think might be
> > wrong."
> >
> > A "morally lazy meditator" is just a morally lazy
> > person who meditates, ignoring (in the case of TMers)
> > MMY's excellent advice.
>
> I think your point is well taken, even though what
> MMY said was on the margins...it was there!

"On the margins"?? It was a whole section in SBAL,
and TM teachers certainly heard a lot about it
during TTC, from what they said.

  Touche!  I would assume then, that you would
> agree with me that TM *alone* is not a complete
> system of spiritual unfoldment?

Depends on how you define "a complete system of
spiritual unfoldment." No system of spiritual
unfoldment can live your life for you; you have
to do that. You have to do that anyway, whether
you're following some system of spiritual
unfoldment or not.