--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <wg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, enlightened_dawn11
> <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > thanks for the question-- i see what i wrote is confusing- here
i am
> > talking about a devotional life and at the same time saying
don't
> > look for God(dess). the missing piece was that despite what was
> > going on in my heart at the time, i didn't run off to join an
ashram
> > (including the TMO), or spend mega bucks on yagyas or other
> > meditation techniques, or retreats. just kept moving forward
through
> > conventional life, allowing daily life to present me with the
> > challenges that strengthened my devotion. my dharma as a parent
and
> > householder was plenty! so perhaps the expression should've been
the
> > way to find God(dess) is to stop looking for Him(Her) directly.
>
> Yes, because even the search for God can be a willful (ego)
exercise,
> but when you do 'his will' you effectively say, "when thy wills
Lord,
> not when I will"!  That, 'renunciation' allows you to draw even
closer
> to God.
>
> I like the passage in MMY's Gita where he says you have control
over
> action alone, 'never' over the fruits.
>
> "You have control over action alone (Arjuna), never over its
fruits.
> Live not for the fruits of action, 'nor' attach yourself to
inaction."
>  Gita vs47 ChII

thanks-- i hadn't seen that connection before in the passage above,
but that is definitely the process i went through for a couple of
decades. in other words undertaking action to be true to my
devotion, but instead of deciding on what the outcome would be, just
doing the action because i felt i had to, to be true to my self and
my relationship with the divine, and leaving my hope and faith to
take care of the outcome.

interesting that the end of the passage above says "nor attach
yourself to inaction". in other words, don't -try- to live in the
silence of the Absolute, but instead act as the Lord commands you.

thanks for a new look at an old friend.