--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...>
wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2009, at 9:42 AM, boo_lives wrote:
>
> > People I know who "see auras" all say that anti-depressants are about
> > the worst drug to take, and no-one is in jail for taking and selling
> > antidepressants, and anti-depressants are much more common among ffld
> > sidhas than pot.  I won't even bother to get into alchohol and the
> > suffering that causes in society and in ffld.
>
> Well maybe your friends who "see auras" ought to
> escaped from, boo.  Who the hell are they to
> pass judgements on medication which has helped
> millions?
>
> Sal

To clarify I'm not saying that anti-depressant medication can't help
some people and it's fully up to them to decide what to do. I
mentioned the aura readers just because someone else did to put down
cannabis and I wanted to say these people see lots of things and you
actually shouldn't go by that either way.

I wanted to point out that our society is bipolar regarding drugs.
Antidepressants help some people, but also have many physical side
effects plus the well known clouding over of the personality and
emotions for many people, plus a study I saw last week saying that
certain antidepressants in fact didn't have any benefit at all, plus
the overprescription of antidepressants to children and to low
depression patients who could be treated other ways, YET despite all
this we still find a way to get antidepressants to people who need
them... but mention cannabis and immediately scenes from reefer
madness come to mind and teh possibility that some people will have
negative effects means hundreds of thousands of americans are in jail.
 I'd like to see more equality in how we view pharmaceutical versus
non pharmaceutical drugs.