Living richly.
Edg, this i think is a fascinating story about the meditating
community in FF.

There are certainly folks here who have set their lives up to have
enough resources to have the time for the serious spiritual practice
that can be done here.  This is very much an intentional community
that way.  Very utopian and very American at the same time that way.
People have done this on their own terms in different ways on the
scale socio-economics.  & often it is un-celebrated success in life
this way.

Part of the story is that there are (many) people who do actively &
intentionally scale their lives differently to pull it off to be
here.  Intention and a lot of self-control that way here.  I know
lots of people who live quite well here with that and some of those
who are great communitarians too.  & having a lot of fun or pleasure
in their spiritual life here here this way too.  Is a great life to
be had here that way and there are many people having a great time
with life here that way.  This is a back story to the backbone of how
it has been done by many here.

The quiet ones are different from some of the more celebrated
wreckage of ones who have lived above themselves trying to buy their
access to sit on the stage or up front.

Yet, there are lots of really lit quiet ones sitting in the crowd
that you'd never know of unless you ask.  It has been this way all
along.  Look around and weigh who is around in the domes or in the
many other active spiritual practice groups and you can see it.

The successful ones at it, I see them and think and know of them as
the 'quiet ones'.  Living richly by any standard.  A lot of
intentional simple living and high thinking.  This very much is in
the community here.

is very fun to see too.

-Doug in FF