On Feb 27, 2009, at 6:26 PM, Bhairitu wrote:

You can make a case for anything.  The question is whether it makes
sense. I seriously doubt that the vedas and democracy are compatible.
   Let's not go backwards.  I do not understand the romantic notion
some people seem to have regarding the vedas and vedic times.
Especially women.

Now does anyone here really believe that Jyotish can tell you what
your place is in the world? From just knowing your birth time? Stand
up and be counted.
I've never seen a horoscope, as long as the proper birth time is given,
not indicate what field the person will be most successful in.  They
usually already have inclinations towards those fields.   What is your
experience in doing horoscope readings?

One of the few, large sample studies done on sidereal astrology has shown that there are a few things Jyotish, sidereal-style astrology can determine. One is occupation IIRC.

Have you read any of the research of French psychologist and mathematician Michel Gauquelin?