--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_re...@...> wrote:

> If you're new here, tell us about yourself, and then post this with a
> new title that includes your name: THE NEWBIE QUESTION LIST: <your
> name here>

Not new, but the thread is interesting so I will respond.

> 1. In which religion were you raised?

Lackadaisical christian.

> 2. In which other religious movements have you been a true believer?
> List them in chronological order.

None, including the one in which I was raised.

> 3. Do you believe in reincarnation?

No.

> 4. Do you believe in an omniscient, omnipotent, God Who is running the
> universe down to the least aspect?

No.

> 5. How do you define soul?

Maybe it is your identity, that sense of self.  Maybe it is more.

> 6. How do you define enlightenment?

Maybe it is figuring it all out.  Maybe it is making peace with the fact
that you can't figure it all out.

> 7. Nature or nurture?

Both.

> 8. List the gurus in who's physical presence you've been.

Dali Lama

> 9. What country do you live in now?

USA

> 10. How many children have you parented?

One

> 11. How many times married?

Three

> 12. Years spent in the TMO?

None, on the sidelines off and on over the years

> 13. Years spent living in Fairfield, Iowa?

None

> 14. Vegetarian?  What rules?  Eggs, fish, dairy, chicken allowed as
> exceptions?

Eat meat as if it were a garnish.  Try to eat fresh,  local and not
processed to minimize the poisons I ingest.

> 15. Do you watch entertainment that portrays raw and graphic violence?

Yes.  Kill Bill is my favorite.

> 16. Can drugs be spiritually useful to the ordinary person on the
> street such that regular use could be supported?

Spiritually useful?  Maybe hallucinogenics in certain rare
circumstances.

> 17. In which places of the world have you lived a year or more?

USA

5

> 19. How much time do you spend per day in formal spiritual practices
> that are not common-everyday human activities?

I try to take stock everyday.  How I do it and the amount of time
varies.

> 20. List the recreational activities, hobbies, passions that get more
> than 10 hours per week of your time.

Running.   Grandchildren. Governmental  policy .

> 21. What do you expect to get out of posting here at FairfieldLife?

I got what I came for:  seeing where  TM and the TMO was  at and where I
was at with TM.  I keep coming back because of the varied ways people
think and express themselves here is interesting.  I leave every once in
a while when I get disgusted with myself.