On Mar 5, 2009, at 6:41 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
Let's see you answer the questions this time Vaj:

Get over it Off World, this is the last post I'll waste on this. I think FF at this time would have limited appeal to someone who wasn't into very seriously into TM/TMSP already. And certainly, if what I understand is true, that one must learn the advanced techniques before one can do the TM-sidhi program, it's not worth the 20,000+ dollars it would cost. If one is attracted to Hindu forms of mantra meditation, there are now much better alternatives out there that will help you experience the actual traditions you've only probably heard of, and they deliver on the goods.

I've been to both FF and Boulder and I've enjoyed both areas--in fact at one time I thought it would be ideal to move to FF. But as I've matured, that opinion has changed. It's also less appealing geographically to me, as I like a more hilly or mountainous area and one with more accessibility to culture. I also don't appreciate the "one way or the highway" approach of the TM org. I enjoy hanging with different folks and I appreciate pure lineal teachings and am less interested in new-fangled fads, new age rehashes or diluted teachings, but I do understand there is an appeal for the commercial forms of meditation for some folks still. It's just not for me. I also would demand a certain level of transparency and ethical standards from any org I'd be associated with. Knowing what I know, I could no longer be associated with or supportive of the TM org or it's programs. I would suspect anyone with high ethical standards would feel the same way.