--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii...@...> wrote:
> Since the ruling on TM, back in the late '70's, I can see our school system
> has really improved in so many ways...

I work in schools, in many ways they have improved. Especially with regard to
less naivete about the agenda of groups like TM.

> Do you really think that practicing TM in schools would be a bad thing?

No one is saying they can't practice it if their parents want them to. It is
presenting it in schools that is the problem for me.

I was introduced to TM in my high school.  I wish the adults in my world had
done a bit more due diligence in checking it out.  They seemed to take every
claim at face value and it influenced the credibility I gave it to see the
adults nodding their heads.

> Do you think that ruling did anything to improve the quality of education or
> the quality of anything?

I do.  I am not against kids having a moment of silence but the indoctrination
into the belief system of TM is too much to support for me.  Skipping the puja
would be a start in the right direction.  But this line is very important to
keep an eye on with millions of Christians trying to subvert science classes
with creationism dressed up as "intelligent design."  Being very clear about
where our beliefs come from is critical for our survival.  Blurring this line
is dangerous because it makes harder to rank the probability of beliefs if
religious concepts are blended with more rigorously supported beliefs.  And in
today's multicultural school system, it is ridiculous to try to pawn off the
Hindu based TM system as scientific.