<snip>

> As usual, Ruth doesn't dare quote me, but she figures
> she's responding to the post of mine that John was
> commenting on.
>
> Perhaps she should have read what I wrote instead of
> making assumptions about it:
>
> > Physicists such as Heisenberg, Schroedinger, Pauli,
> > and Eddington turned to mysticism not because the
> > new physics validated a metaphysical understanding
> > of reality, but because the new physics told us
> > that the true nature of reality was forever beyond
> > the reach of physics.
> >
> > Whether mysticism provides a direct, unmediated
> > experience of the true nature of reality is another
> > question, but it's for sure that physics doesn't.

<sigh>

In my post I was making my own comments, not responding to your comments. I
wasn't talking about Schroedinger et al, but about Haglin et al.

I don't  have anything to say about the "unmediated experience of the true
nature of reality."  Too vague a concept.    Physics does however tell us a lot
about the physical reality we experience.