Vaj wrote:
> The Marshy said they should. So they did...

Ken Wilber pretty much agrees with the Marshy
when it comes to meditation - Wilber is known
for practiceing meditation techniques on a
daily basis.

Wilber co-wrote a review of spiritual teachers,
and seems to approve of the practice of TM. From
what I've read, Wilber's parents started TM
practice some years ago.

Read more:

'Spiritual Choices'
The Problems of Recognizing Authentic Paths to
Inner Transformation
by Dick Anthony, Bruce Ecker, and Ken Wilber
Paragon House, 1986

According to Wilber, the states of consciousness
include: waking, dreaming, dreamless sleep, and
nondual. Marshy seems to agree with this.

Apparently Wilber ascribes to the 'two truths
doctrine' of Nagarjuna. For Wilber no
metaphysical doctrine or apparent reality is
true in an absolute sense: only formless
awareness, "the simple feeling of being," exists
absolutely.

"And tell me: is that story, sung by mystics
and sages the world over, any crazier than
the scientific materialism story, which is
that the entire sequence is a tale told by an
idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying
absolutely nothing? Listen very carefully: just
which of those two stories actually sounds
totally insane?"

Work cited:

'A Brief History of Everything'
By Ken Wilber
Shambhala, 2007
Page 42-3

Links of interest:

"Every deeply enlightened teacher I have known
has been a Rude Boy or Nasty Girl."

Ken Wilber:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Wilber

Dennis Genpo Merzel: