I am the eternal wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 9:35 AM, Devanath Saraswati <devna...@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>
>> good instructions here:
>>
>> http://www.scripting.com/stories/2009/03/20/ec2ForPoets.html
>>

> Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we have a winner.  Somone who can offer a
> first hand account.  What I was looking for.
>
> Now as far as Amazon and Yahoo.  Their being not fully functioning is
> not always the result of their cloud being down.  A lot of Yahoo is
> down right now.  This happened a couple of weeks before during an
> upgrade.  I've had the architecture of Amazon and Yahoo laid out to me
> in great detail.  I'm amazed that these companies work at all they are
> so very complicated with their round the world replication, automatic
> expansion and contraction into and out of nodes, using software (like
> Oracle's RDBMS) which isn't designed for such things.
If anyone else bothered to look at the Yahoo Groups Blog they would have
read that they are moving the groups to a new data center which they
hope to have completed by the 30th.   That's why there are posting
delays for those of us using email and maybe the web site which I don't
use.  Since I have Yahoo mail they also sent out an email earlier in the
month to customers about the update of servers for Yahoo Mail.