> In case my original post to Rory was not understood, I was
illustrating
> absurdity with absurdity. I made a ridicules statement about
Rory,  and used his
> technique of stating "can anybody confirm or refute this".  Sounds
innocent
> enough, but a very effective way to spread a  rumor.

How do you figure that? I see it rather as a very effective way to
find out whether or not it *is* a rumor, and that's precisely the
way it's worked, thanks to diligent research by people like Judy. I
am always happy to get at as much of the truth as possible (with as
little effort as possible, as I am either lazy or efficient -- take
your pick). I have no great vested interest or POV to protect, one
way or the other.

You seem to think that just because I see through the pathetic lies
of BushCo, that I am automatically in the "other" camp. Not so; I
have no stomach for lies from *any* source. It's true that
one "side" has apparently been lying lately a lot more than
the "other," but that's not my fault, is it? Or maybe it is! Hmm :-)