In a message dated 7/3/05 12:25:06 P.M. Central Daylight Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
Fact of the matter is, no-one on thisgroup has proved what was in
Qaddafi's mind either way. Did HE make statements saying "given the
situation in Iraq...?"

Hate to put my neck out on this one but I do seem to remember Qaddafi mentioning something about not wanting to be associated with terrorists or terrorism AFTER the invasion of Iraq. I'll agree that he had been wanting to have sanctions lifted against Libya for some time but he never made a serious move until after 9/11 and then came the decision to disarm after Saddam was overthrown, maybe even caught.