--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6...@...> wrote:

> Hey Marek, thanks for the hawk cam! I like to watch the
> variuos hawking and falconry videos on you tube. I hadn't
> seen the one you sent before.

Meant to add: Have you ever read "The Sword in the Stone,"
the first volume of "The Once and Future King" by T.H.
White? There's a haunting scene in the royal mews featuring
an insane goshawk who has all the other birds terrified.

My sister tells me that White was himself a falconer who
tried to train a goshawk and had a terrible time. He
wrote a book about the experience called "The Goshawk." I
just ordered it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Goshawk-York-Review-Books-Classics/dp/1590172493/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1239412980&sr=8-1

http://tinyurl.com/c6yeow