From: authfriend <jst...@panix.com>
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Hawk Cam
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 11, 2009, 1:28 AM

--- In FairfieldLife@ yahoogroups. com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@ ...> wrote:

> Hey Marek, thanks for the hawk cam! I like to watch the
> variuos hawking and falconry videos on you tube. I hadn't
> seen the one you sent before.

Meant to add: Have you ever read "The Sword in the Stone,"
the first volume of "The Once and Future King" by T.H.
White? There's a haunting scene in the royal mews featuring
an insane goshawk who has all the other birds terrified.

My sister tells me that White was himself a falconer who
tried to train a goshawk and had a terrible time. He
wrote a book about the experience called "The Goshawk." I
just ordered it from Amazon:

http://www.amazon. com/Goshawk- York-Review- Books-Classics/ dp/1590172493/
ref=sr_1_ 1?ie=UTF8& s=books&qid= 1239412980& sr=8-1

http://tinyurl. com/c6yeow