Ha!

All this put me in mind of that funny ceremony when the navy launches
a new ship.

In the UK, with what's left of our Royal Navy, when a new ship of the
line is launched, we have our Queen breaking a champagne bottle over
the bow. "God bless this ship and all who sail in her".

And of course if the bottle fails to break, she's an "unlucky"
ship. ("She" - what's that all about, eh?).

I wonder if the good folks of our land are aware of this religious
indoctrination of their sons and daughters? They should be told!

What superstitions are US sailors "obliged" to take part in?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, grate.swan <no_re...@...> wrote:

> And drinking wine is totally Catholic!
>
> Have you seen the funny hats their leaders wear? And the weird
ceremonies?! They believe wine to be the blood of God. Not just the
name of God -- like those crazy mixed up Meditationists, but 10 steps
above that in crazy religio talk -- they give out wine as the Blood of
God. Far more twisted than those cheap bastard Meditationsts who just
give out measly names of gods.

> So clearly mantras and wine are religious things, they are the name
and form of God. Thats what the people who give them out say. Ergo
meditating and drinking are religions.

> (Mind you, like richard and maybe curtis, I think causation is just a
projection, so I can't be for sure they are really "giving" them "out",
just that the mantras and wine are found "out"  and the Catholics and
the Meditationists were found "giving" -- so I project onto it all they
are "giving out" -- but causality, thats another story)

> So, no more wine in schools! We cannot have these religious acts in
publicly funded schools - it violates the constitution man! (or so I
have been told, I haven't actually read the darn thing.)

> And those wine bars!! Luring in innocents by getting all gussied up
and secular. But they are just fronts to lure in the innocents to get
them drinking wine -- and next thing you know they wake up with a huge
funny hat on their head. You know, that insidious practice far out
eclipes those secular looking religious fronts known as meditation
centers that those crazy Meditationists put up all over the place.

> So ban wine from public schools! Particularly the boxed kind -- thats
so trailer park! (Not that I can precisely link the "banning" with the
"absence" of wine in schools. Jesus, I am not even sure there are
schools -- that might all be my projection too. Maybe Jim knows.)

> But one thing I AM sure of: the practice of meditation and of
drinking wine in the home are absolutely related to and based on the
crazy inner worlds of the groups that give them out. Crazy religious
practices. I mean that's fundamental. No projection there!

> And don't get me going on football games. Did you know that the
players huddle around (so gay!) and pray just before the games. And
some  KNEEL! Kneeling man! Thats the core of all religious acts.
> They pray and kneel IN schools just before those religious pagents
known by their secular disguise -- football games. No more religious
based football games in schools!