----- Original Message -----
From: "Hugo" <richardhughes...@hotmail.com>
To: <FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 4:09 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: 900 Pandits

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Kirk" <kirk_bernha...@...> wrote:
>>
>> Ah, my experience is that yagyas have an effect. But then I do have them
>> done and I don't just spout off about them without ever having had one.
>>
>> Some people get on a flippant roll and think they actually are saying
>> something.
>
> Let's do a double-blind test just to see if what you
> "experience" is anything other than what you might expect
> to experience having coughed up all those sponduliks.
>
> I am happy to make a prediction: Nothing will happen.
> This sin't flippant it's just that I know a lot of
> people who have also had yagyas and I detect a certain
> desperation in their attempts to justify the fact they didn't
> get what they paid for. For instance, I knew a girl who
> had five health yagyas, at several thousand dollars, a pop
> to cure her of migraine. It didn't work, but she was convinced
> it was working at a level she wasn't aware of (?)
>
> This is the research that David Orme Johnson should be doing.

-----So, I don't expect them to do anything. I consider them an adjunct to
my own practice whereby I am somehow amped up and feel more clear.  Also, I
don't shell out much as my yagya group allows me to pay what I wish.  I
don't even necessarily believe in Gods at all. But I do believe in the power
of human attention, and paying others to place their attention on ones
higher nature has an impact.

Fact is, I feel them and it's not based in autosuggection to me. But I
cannot make anyone else believe that. Nor do I care to. Yagyas fit into my
way of thinking, even as a Buddhist.  As for Maharishi yagyas I have never
heard anything good about them.  But I have had some wild experiences with
them when I had alot of them going at once. In fact it was too much for me
and I became insomniac for 6 months. Now I just have one group doing one
yagya a day for me, in part of a group yagya.  It costs me about a dollar a
day. So do contact lenses. I pay five bucks a day for a pack of smokes, so
I'm not worried about the money.