On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 9:35 PM, grate.swan <no_re...@yahoogroups.com>
wrote:
> While I appreciate Dick posting legitimate TMO announcements (thats one
way to tell a spoof -- if its not from Dick, it probably isn't real), the
above tactic epitomizes my view of the TMO pretty well. All style and little
substance. Big hat, no cattle. Big bun, no beef. Its also used to promote
books. Its creating Maya -- not truth.

It's a good thing we don't currently have a book out for sale.

The Scientologists buy the book *Dianetics *from, say, a BDalton bookstore a
hundred at a time for cash.  They then return them to the publisher.  Often
clerks at BDalton open up a box containing the book *Dianetics* and they'd
already have the BDalton sticker on them.