--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rick Archer" <r...@...> wrote:

> [...]
Rick, I'm speaking of the belief system. If you go over a certain line in
discarding the belief system of the TMO you are considered "off the program". I
had some dicey run ins back in the day when it became known that I "read books"
meaning books involving Indian and hindu philosophy that were not movement
approved. I had to do some fast talking to, for instance, get approved to
become a teacher of special techniques.

I haven't the slightest desire to attend courses at this time. I lived year
after year going to the next "big course". The joy of discarding that whole way
of thinking was, for me, in letting go of the idea that I had to have my foot
on some kind of spiritual gas pedal, the whole idea of a "go faster" way.

But, I get your point. I don't find anything odd about remaining fascinated
with that period of my life where I dove in 100% to another reality. I don't
regret any of it. (OK, I probably could have shaved a few years off and gotten
what I needed to get out of it.)

>From time to time I enjoy participating at FFL. I remain fascinated by those
>who, after all of these years of growing and obvious TMO dysfunction, still
>believe, heart and soul. I realize that I come across at times as mocking or
>condescending. Mostly I'm just playing to tell you the truth. As I've been
>writing today, I can't truly look down on anyone who remains hard core into it
>all. I was as TB as anyone (maybe with a twist). My instincts and the way life
>has gone tell me that the decision I made to leave the TMO was a good one.

But....I could be completely full of shit. Part of the joy comes from knowing
and accepting that. The question that Barry asked today...can the TB'ers here
entertain the concept that they MIGHT be wrong about all of this...it gets to
the core of why I check in here. There's no right or wrong but every once in a
while someone here has a personal discovery or something to share that keeps me
coming back

You created quite a joint here Rick!