--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <willy...@...>
wrote:

> Inside the Golden Dome:
> http://www.rwilliams.us/inside/

Thanks for the great link.

"The parasol, atop the Buddhist stupa, as at Sanci, at Sarnath and at Taxila,
(circa 200 B.C.) the earliest evidence of edifice architecture in India, is the
canopy of heaven, its pole being the cosmic axis mundi and the dome's surface
is the earth. As a cosmic egg image it is preeminent among the aniconic images
of the Buddha."

When Maharishi came to inaugurate the dome, they tied an upside-down pine tree
to the center beam atop the wooden framing of the dome. There were no walls, no
ceiling, no floor, just beams and joints. We we had a clear view of the tree.
Apparently, it had some symbolic significance...a parasol, perhaps? Cool.

"This is pure Buddhist vastu, except that inside the Golden Dome, at both
Fairfield and at Radiance, is found hollowness, so that the yogic flyers can
have room to enjoy, unobstructed. This, you have got to admit, is ingenious - a
hollow stupa!"

A hollow stupa! Very cool.

> > Maybe it was Willytex I was talking to
> > back then and I didn't even know it. How
> > about it Willeytex, was it you I sent
> > cookies to? If you tell me what kind
> > they were, I'll believe it was really
> > you that I flirted with on the phone
> > all those many years ago.

Answer: Chocolate chip.

> No, it was proabbly Lon P. Stacks. From
> what I've read, Stacks was the keeper of
> the list at Livingston Manor. He was one
> of the administrators at MIU Press.

Darn Willytex, I was hoping it had been your disembodied voice I heard on the
phone...star-crossed and all that, ya know...