--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "geezerfreak" <geezerfr...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert" <babajii_99@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shukra69" <shukra69@> wrote:

> > > agreed
> > > $Not to mention how to do you square this with his supposed state of
> > > enlightenment?  If he's all knowing, all seeing Karnack the Great then
> > > how can he be duped by the minions?

> > > not so sure about that
> > > >

> > I'm not sure about not liking Maharishi...I have had a heart connection
> > with him; it's not about like...
> > I surely don't like so of the leaches that he attracted around him...
> > I had heard George Harrison, say the same thing...that the people around
> > Maharishi, were just not his type...
> > I had the same relationship with my ex-wife...a heart connection...
> > I don't much like her anymore, nor the people she hangs around with...
> > R.G.
>
> Robert...this "heart connection" you had with Maharishi. Was it a two way
> street, did he reciprocate the love in any kind of personal way? "He gave me
> the knowledge" is not what I'm asking here. I'm asking if, like presumably
> your ex-wife he showed you personal love. (For you pervs out there I'm not
> referring to anything sexual.)
>
> The reason I ask is because with most gurus it's a one way street. The love
> flows in one direction. Again, I recommend the book that Rick first mentioned
> here "Cartwheels In A Sari". Forget that it's written by an ex confidant of
> Sri Chinmoy. Anyone who was ever around MMY will recognize the similarities.

The heart connection, I felt the first time I saw him, in NYC...just felt a
very strong feeling of love emanating from him, and being around him...opened
my heart, more than I knew before.
I had the feeling of wanting to 'protect him'...

I had such a miserable relationship with my father, whose heart was busted in
WWII, that it amazed me, that a male could have the sweetness of heart, that he
had, which was new to me.

Then there was some time I spent being around him, being on the video crew,
during the physics conference at M.I.U. in 1975...he complemented me on my
camera work...

I am a dancer, and I liked  to watch his every move, and how fluid he was, how
deep the quality of his voice...how tiny his stature...
5 ft. tall, same as the ex.
It was just a cool time, in my life.
My ex and I were in charge of the flower arranging, for that visit, and the
whole experience was just way cool.

This is well before the money thing took over...and,
I was young and innocent then.

In 1979, when he visited, when the dome was being constructed, I was out at the
airport...I was standing by the airplane he was getting on, There by myself,
was a quiet interaction, with him, and as he was leaving...
He seemed to have zapped me with some kind of energy, and I felt a great
closeness and expansion...as the plane soared off.

I just enjoyed being in his presence...felt like it was a powerful technique,
in and of itself, being in his Darshan, listening to his voice, watching his
movements, I just felt very bonded with him...

I guess he must have been effected by the rejection of his teaching, by the
court case, and this was one turning point...when Jerry and Charlie left, and
Bevan and Co. took over.

Another turning point, was probably the notion, that he was being targeted by
the CIA, or whatever happened to him, when he got sick in England...
He probably retreated more and more, away from public view, in order to save
himself, from being harmed.

I had heard in a reading, that some of the people who were especially enamored
with him...
That some of us had been with him, in a previous life, when he had been
martyred, and there was some kind of bond formed that transcended any kind of
rational, intellectual notion...
It was completely on the level of feeling, on the level of heart.

I always felt, when he was visiting Fairfield, that the whole atmosphere would
change, and that after he left, it would return to the normalcy of the mundane.

When the visits stopped, and replaced by pictures of him, plastered everywhere,
it was never the same...

Egos, took over...the experience of Unity would fade, and it became a plastic
fantastic, but not so real...but a very empty void would be left.
I don't remember any time, since the 70's, when there was quite as sweet an
atmosphere on campus,
All of that turned sour, with the paranoid nazi types took over, and  proceeded
squashing anything that seemed real or spontaneous.
R.G.