This knee-jerk reaction from Ruth and Vaj is
truly pathetic. Rather than considering whether
the Amazon reader reviewers might have valid
points to make about Nanda's work, they dismiss
the reviewers as likely biased. Goodness knows
neither has actually gone to the Amazon site
and read the full reviews.

In fact, none of the seven reviewers who gave
the book the lowest possible rating show any
signs of being TMers, "The Secret" advocates,
or What-the-Bleepers (although two of them--
neither of whom I quoted--may have a personal
resonance with Hinduism).

Here are links to two critiques that expose very
serious flaws in Nanda's scholarship, logic, and
scientific understanding, from very different
perspectives:

http://thetrashbin.wordpress.com/2008/06/18/in-defense-of-spirituality/

A critique of an article by Nanda criticizing Sam Harris.

(The "TRASH" in "Trashbin" stands for "The Rationalist
Apostate Society for Humanism," a "group of assorted
apostates of Islam who are committed to the application
of reason," according to the "About" section of the blog.)

http://koenraadelst.bharatvani.org/articles/politics/bogey.html

A critique of a paper by Nanda, written by a Belgian
scholar of Hindu revivalism, multiculturalism, language
policy issues, ancient Chinese history and philosophy,
comparative religion, and the Aryan invasion debate.