peter wrote:
> Why would that be? TM in a group of current
> and former TM practitioners refers to a
> particular meditation technique taught by
> MMY. Why would a definition of "TM" be all
> inclusive? What does that even mean? If a
> definition is all inclusive it makes no
> distinctions and is therefore meaningless.
> I truly don't get your point.

A definition, Peter, of meditation does not,
strictly thinking, address the purpose of
meditation, which would require a material
statement. A rigorous definition must withstand
all exceptions.

Read more:

Subject: TM Identification
From: Willytex
Newsgroups: alt.meditation.transcendental
Date: Sat, Dec 13 2003
http://tinyurl.com/oa3nxc

> > I've listed several exceptions below. Marshy
> > says that TM is based on thinking and that
> > it's a purely mechanical technique.
> >
> Agreed.
>
> > Why don't you post a definition of 'TM',
> > Doctor?
>
> Why?

So, we can tell if you understand what 'TM' is,
instead of talking about meditation in general?

> Essentially everyone in this group practices
> TM or did at some point.

Perhaps, but they can't even define what it
is? That doesn't even make any sense.

> Do you or did you ever practice TM as defined
> by MMY?

Yes, but Marshy wasn't able to define 'TM'. He
said it was based on thinking, so it must be
'thinking things over', right? So, don't you
'think your mantra' - that's thinking about
something, right? Don't you 'think over' your
mantra? How would you think the mantra if you
don't think the mantra?

> > Another question:
> >
> > How do the 'spirits' get into the machine?
> >
> Spirits get into machines through the darshan
> of homunculi. Everybody knows that!

Well, thanks, but I always thought it was
because of the little fur-balls rounding on the
wheel inside and that makes the mind go around.
Go figure.