--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <willy...@...>
wrote:

> > > Just go in and meditate, Robert, then
> > > come out and radiate. It's that simple!
> > >
> Ben wrote:
> > thats a bit open ended its more than just
> "thinking"...
> >
> Maybe so, Ben, but that's what the Marshy
> said. He said it was very simple; an almost
> automatic technique; he said it was easy to
> learn how to meditate. Marshy must have said
> this close to a million times in over forty
> years of teaching.
>
> Sometimes the Marshy might have phrased it
> differently, but that's the gist of his
> definition. This is what he said to me; it's
> in his numerous books; on numerous tapes and
> on his videos.

well following a spiritual leader to the letter leads us to snake handling and
nailing our selves to crosses...

oh and urine drinking, beating ourselves bloody with sticks

and emulating fred phelps... hmmmm

Is this really what you are advocating?

I know nothign of marshy, I suspect he was wise (maybe not), I am merely
pointing out you're allusions are simplistic at best.

Or maybe I am missing something.

Of course language is limited, any map that attempts to convey the territory is
by definition limited.

Thus, we learn to read between the lines.

If we examine what you are saying, you are comparing something such as
mindfulness, walking meditation, visualisation etc. with watching a britney
spears concert dvd and singing along to it. All involve "thinking."

DO you really think Marshy meant his followers to go watch Britney spears?

While there is no mundane things outside of buddhism and no buddhims outside of
mundane things....

Perhaps there IS a difference between watching a britney spears show and
singing along... and contemplating the divine in some form...

Would you not agree?

THE imagination produces phenomenal objects
Which have no real existence,
So this world has no substantial reality,
But exists as a shadowy pageant or a play.

All is pervaded by Absolute Being
In its utter perfection.

There are many numbers, but only One is counted.

–The Secret Rose Garden

The purpose of a fishtrap is to catch fish, and when the fish are caught, the
trap is forgotten.
The purpose of a rabbit snare is to catch rabbits. When the rabbits are caught,
the snare is forgotten.
The purpose of words is to convey ideas. When the ideas are grasped, the words
are forgotten.
Where can I find a man who has forgotten words? He is the one I would like to
talk to.

–Chuang Tsu