--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:
<snip>
> If you ever met Rick you would know he looks like a
> pretty flexible guy, probably from so many years of
> yoga asnas. I wonder what kind of pretzel he has to
> twist himself into these days if thinks only Hillary
> supporters have a reason to criticize the One. Hmmm?

For me personally, and for quite a few other Hillary
supporters I know, that "Boo Hoo, Hillary lost" meme
is just wildly off-base.

I'd been dubious about Obama right from the start,
back when he gave his speech at the 2004 Democratic
Convention. I was looking forward to being thrilled
by it, but I found it a big letdown. And I wasn't any
more impressed by him when he started campaigning.

At first, and for quite a while, I was only marginally
less dubious about Hillary (which is clearly reflected
in my posts here at the time). I was supporting her
only because I couldn't support Obama or Edwards. (I
even considered supporting Dodd at one point.) She
just seemed to me the lesser of the available evils
and the best chance of putting a Democrat in the White
House.

It wasn't until well along in the primary campaign
that I began to warm up to Hillary. My view of Obama
didn't change *because* of her; he just never did or
said anything to make me like him any better. He
kept meeting my initial low expectations of him,
while Hillary kept surpassing my expectations of her.

So far, Obama hasn't been a complete dud in office
by any means. And I'd vastly rather have him there
than any Republican. But in many respects he's
continued to fulfill my impression that his
commitment to progressive goals was a lot weaker
than many wanted to believe, especially in the
areas of human rights and the Constitution.

And if Hillary had won the presidency instead and
were doing the same things he's been doing, I'd be
criticizing her on exactly the same basis.

So from my perspective, Rick and his fellow Kool-
Aid drunkards can take their "Boo Hoo, Hillary
lost" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

Which would be entirely appropriate, because that's
exactly where it came from.