On May 20, 2009, at 5:12 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

From: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Vaj
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:07 PM
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: New to this group?

On May 20, 2009, at 4:55 PM, scienceofabundance wrote:
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Richard J. Williams" <willy...@...> wrote:
But TM bija mantras have no semantic meaning - none
can be found in a standard Sanskrit lexicon.
Mine does. I have a four word mantra. The first two words are Sanskrit words used to denote respect and the last word is a Sanskrit word meaning "to bow down". Just a correction. You are correct in that "namah" literally means "to bow down", but in mantra-speak "namah" means "not mine". It's a contraction, a shorter way of saying "na mama".

And what is the implication of this? Relinquishing ownership?

Surrendering the "I", the "Me", the "Mine, the I-am making. "Surrendering separation". Drop -> Ocean within -> the Universal One. The implication being ya gotta dump the ego; 'not mine, but thine' some might say.

Of course the bijas all have very precise meanings as well.