Vaj wrote:

> On May 21, 2009, at 12:44 PM, Bhairitu wrote:
>
>> I figure my fellow Subaru owners here will be interested in this:
>> http://www.wired.com/autopia/2009/05/subaru/
>>
>> I might get one but maybe in 2013 (give them a year to work out bugs).
>

> I can imagine it buried in a snowdrift already, the front lopped off
> by a snow plow and eventually being retrieved during the spring thaw.
> That wussie thing? I need a Jeep Grand Cherokee "Prius" to survive
> where I live. The wind off a logging truck would send that thing into
> the nearest ditch. If you'd hit a moose, you'd be crushed to death!
>
> You may think I'm kidding, but people disappear in Maine when they run
> off the highway during winter. In the spring we find them.
> Freeze-dried, of course. Quite delicious, like pig jerky.

And BTW that Subaru shown in the picture is their electric not the
hybrid.  I think I saw one of these across from the County Clerk's
office a few months back.  Contra Costa county was an electric car
testbed in the 90's and I suspect Subaru wanted to see if they would be
interested in participating in the same test they are running in New
York.   Currently the county has some GEM cars and even some Smart cars
(they had to return in the EV cars).