--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert <babajii...@...> wrote:

> Schwarzenegger Ushers in New Energy Which Could Lead to Controlled Fusion.
>
> LIVERMORE, Calif., May 29 (UPI) -- California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
> Friday dedicated the world's largest laser system in Livermore, calling it a
> gateway to new energy sources.
>
> The sprawling National Ignition Facility at the Lawrence Livermore National
> Laboratory east of San Francisco has been 12 years in the making and is
> designed to further research into fusion energy.
>
> "NIF has the potential to revolutionize our energy system -- teaching us a
> new way to harness the energy of the sun to power our cars and homes,"
> Schwarzenegger said in a written statement.
>
> "California was the home of the first working laser, so it is no surprise
> that the Golden State has now produced the world's largest and most powerful
> one."
>
> The NIF will house 192 lasers

Rgveda I *191* :

Rig Veda, tr. by Ralph T.H. Griffith, [1896], at sacred-texts.com

HYMN CXCI. Water. Grass. Sun.

1. VENOMOUS, slightly venomous, or venomous aquatic worm,â€"
Both creatures, stinging, unobserved, with poison have infected me.
2 Coming, it kills the unobserved; it kills them as it goes away,
It kills them as it drives them off, and bruising bruises them to death.
3 Sara grass, Darbha, Kuśara, and Sairya, Muñja, Vīraṇa,
Where all these creatures dwell unseen, with poison have infected me.
4 The cows had settled in their stalls, the beasts of prey had sought their
lairs,
Extinguished were the lights of men, when things unseen infected me.
5 Or these, these reptiles, are observed, like lurking thieves at evening time.
Seers of all, themselves unseen: be therefore very vigilant.
6 Heaven is your Sire, your Mother Earth, Soma your Brother, Aditi
Your Sister: seeing all, unseen, keep still and dwell ye happily.
7 Biters of shoulder or of limb, with needle-stings, most venomous,
Unseen, whatever ye may be, vanish together and be gone.
8 Slayer of things unseen, the Sun, beheld of all, mounts, eastward, up,
Consuming all that are not seen, and evil spirits of the night.
9 There hath the Sun-God mounted up, who scorches much and everything.
Even the Āditya from the hills, all-seen, destroying things unseen.
10 I hang the poison in the Sun, a wine-skin in a vintner's house,
He will not die, nor shall we die: his path is far: he whom Bay Horses bear
hath turned thee to sweet meath.
11 This little bird, so very small, hath swallowed all thy poison up.
She will not die, nor shall we die: his path is far: he whom Bay Horses bear
hath turned thee to sweet meath.
12 The three-times-seven bright sparks of fire have swallowed up the poison's
strength.
They will not die, nor shall we die: his path is far: he whom Bay Horses bear
hath turned thee to sweet meath.
13 Of ninety rivers and of nine with power to stay the venom's course,â€"
The names of all I have secured: his path is far: he whom Bay Horses bear hath
turned thee to sweet meath.
14 So have the peahens three-times-seven, so have the maiden Sisters Seven
Carried thy venom far away, as girls bear water in their jars.
15 The poison-insect is so small; I crush the creature with a stone.
I turn the poison hence away, departed unto distant lands.
16 Forth issuing from the mountain's side the poison-insect spake and said:
Scorpion, they venom is but weak.