--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Sal Sunshine <salsunsh...@...> wrote:

> On Jun 1, 2009, at 11:36 AM, Randy Meltzer wrote:
>
> > Thanks Vaj for saying that. I am not here to do the
> > "pile on Vaj" thing. Its just when you make statements
> > like "the shankaracharya order is Vaishnavite" and my
> > experience is soooo the oposite I had to chime in.
>
> I couldn't agree more, Randy...every time Vaj
> or anyone else makes a dumb-ass
> statement like that I just want to punch them.
> The "shankaracharya order is Vaishnavite" indeed!
>
> >  And yes, I did have a small axe to grind about you as
> > someone pointed out in a previous post, because I felt
> > your comments in the past about my experiences were
> > disrespectful.  In any case, its nothing personal.
> > Just trying to keep the facts staight
>
> Yes, the facts about the shankaracharya order being
> Vaishnavite or not is as clear-cut as crystal, and how
> anybody could miss that is beyond me. Thanks for clearing
> all that up!

The "facts" are that you guys are arguing
about whether an obscure religious sect
worships one imaginary deity or another.
>From the outside, without being a part of
that obscure religious sect.

I understand that it's fun for you, and is
as good a way to pass the incarnation as
any, I guess, but I'm reminded of the
sociologist who postulated that beings a
few centuries from now are going to find
American shopping malls and not know what
the hell to make of them.

They are obviously centers to which large
numbers of people flocked on a regular
basis. In other societies this is synonymous
with churches and other centers of religious
or spiritual activity. So these future soc-
iologists are going to decide that shopping
malls were the churches of America.

And who or what did the people worship in
these huge churches? Deities named Calvin
Klein and Hugo Boss and (genuflecting before
speaking His holy name) Versace.

These sociologists will spend hours arguing
about which of these gods the long-dead
people of America worshipped *most*, and
which was the "ultimate" god of the shopping
malls the one that the religious order was
founded to worship.

And, obviously, it's Hugo Boss, right? The
name says it all.