--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, azgrey <no_re...@...> wrote:

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
> > <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Dang, the Edgster telling it like it is.  I have hi-lighted
> > > some of the parts I most enjoyed,   and which I felt were
> > > most right on.
> >
> > And another skeptopath to add to the list.
>
> Thank you Sister Aloysius.

Lessee now, Sister Aloysius is supposed to be the gal
who thinks doubt is a terrible thing, right? So your
comment assumes inflexible certainty on my part and a
great fear of doubt, right?

A small sampling from previous posts of mine on crop
circles:

-----
I think ETs are *less* probable than that they're
all made by humans.

I don't think they're messages from the Space
Brothers, but I really have no clue whatsoever what/
who might be creating the ones that don't seem to
have been made by humans.

I have no idea what other possible causes there could
be. None of the explanations I've seen proposed seem
likely, and I haven't been able to dream any up on my
own.

I don't *believe* any of the currently available
explanations for crop circles. I don't *disbelieve*
any of them either. I. just. don't. know.

I think being able to take the "don't know" position
at present is crucial if we're ever to have a hope of
figuring any of it out. At this point we don't have
enough hard information, or perhaps even the
conceptual tools, to put this stuff into boxes and
label them with anything but "Who the hell knows?"
----

Yup, that's Sister Aloysius, all right. Not a bit
of doubt, ironclad certainty as far as the eye can
see.

<cackle>

Just as a little bonus, Curtis to me from two posts
in a previous discussion of crop circles:

-----
Your answer was useful. It shows that you have an
unqualified "I don't know how they appear" where
mine contains the bias that "I don't know how people
did this." This is where I find the topic useful, to
uncover such biases in my thinking. I don't really
have a solid reason for making that assumption, but I
don't feel compelled by the information of the site to
challenge my bias.
-----
Regarding the crop circles: I found that my ability
to assess the claims of unusual findings at some sites
is severely limited. Although I am skeptical of claims
that people know what any of this means (i.e. UFOs), I
understand my limits in evaluating their reporting
truthfulness, or accuracy, and what any of it may mean.
I am willing to move the whole topic of unusual findings
at circle sites into the "I don't have a clue" bin.
-----

Curtis is a *genuine* skeptic about crop circles,
not a skeptopath. He also took the time to do his
homework and read some of the factual material
about them, looking at several of the sites I
recommended and digging up a bunch of his own.