The most interesting thing about the primary season was how the Bush
administration had so energized the left to rally around Democrats, any
Democrat. People who were ordinarily not interested in politics and had no long
term stake in the viability of the Democratic party suddenly hated all things
Republican. They were all so ready for CHANGE...that ephemeral, not quite
defined but feel good down to your toes CHANGE. Obama carried the day on that
simpleminded message with a little, "Yes we can!" thrown in to amp up his
soaring rhetoric and peddle his messianic message of HOPE. There it is...a few
simple minded slogans and what do you get? Mass hysteria and devotion to a god
like empty suit. Oh, how in love, oh, how smitten the newly converted
"Democrats."

The late Tip O'Neill famously stated, "All politics is local." As an aside,
I'll tell you a story about local Jefferson County politics that illustrates
how shallow, how devoid of conscience, how clueless, how poorly informed and
how little Obots care about the Democratic Party and its important role in
local politics.

I live in Ward 2, home to MUM, the largest Ward and voting block supporting
Obama. In a general election, the presidential candidates are on the front of
the ballot where you can vote for a specific candidate or vote a straight
ticket, the party of your choice. In Iowa, the candidates for county supervisor
were on the back of the ballot.

I campaigned for Hillary but I also campaigned for the two county supervisors
on the Democratic ticket. In the final analysis of the vote tally, which I
posted Message #198577
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FairfieldLife/message/198577 :

"Earl Shepard (D) and Will Richards (D) worked very had to get absentee ballots
but their bid for county supervisor failed. The moment the town folk realized
the meditatiors were voting in a block in the June primary for Earl and Will,
they put up an organized resistance and the Republicans won. So predictable...

Obama's 4998 votes vs. Shepard's 3096 means that 1902 of Obama's
voters who could have voted for Shepard did not. Apparently, they were
only interested in one name on the ticket...Obama and Democrats be
damned."

That's right folks. The stupid Obots didn't bother to vote a straight
Democratic ticket nor did they bother to turn the ballot over and vote for
county supervisor. Now Jefferson County is stuck with Republican county
supervisors who recently made a resolution to ban gay marriage in Iowa.
Assholes, the bunch of them.

So here we on FFLife we have seen several examples of a continuance of the same
ignorant, newly converted "Obama Democrats" so married to the cult of
personality, they are either too damn lazy to be informed about Obama screwing
with their civil liberties of they just don't care, because if they just close
their eyes and wish real hard for CHANGE, Obama will make it all better.

Not one person on this forum has the ability to defend Obama on any of the
issues I have specifically raised and will continue to raise until one day,
hopefully someone, anyone, will actually say, "Gee, maybe I ought to become
more informed and hold politicians to account, even Obama."  Fortunately, not
everyone on the left has abdicated their responsibility to hold Obama to
account. If Hillary were in office instead of Obama, I can assure you, I would
hold her to account as well.

Somewhere along the way, maybe it's the dumbing down of education in America or
the decision to jettison Civics/Government classes from high school
curriculums, we have lost our sense of responsibility as citizens to be
informed about the nuts and bolts of good governance from local to national
politics. Such as it is, IMO it is appalling as well as dangerous to the
survival of democracy in America.

Isn't interesting how a few wee facts about Obama's lack of interest in
restoring civil liberties leaves the Obots at such a loss for words. Stupid is
as stupid does.