--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "shempmcgurk" <shempmcgurk@> wrote:
> > <snip>
> > > Indeed, the fact that you have wrongly represented my
> > > post AND removed it has now left the readers of this
> > > forum with the impression that I did, in fact, do what
> > > you said I did BECAUSE THEY NOW HAVE NO WAY OF
> > > CONFIRMING THAT I DIDN'T BECAUSE YOU'VE REMOVED THE POST!!!!!
> >
> > I saw it before it was deleted, and I'll confirm that
> > all Shemp did was post a link.
> >
> > I'd also be interested to hear the explanation of why
> > Shemp's post was deleted but Edg's explicitly sexual
> > post of a couple of weeks ago was allowed to remain.
>
> I have in the past requested that links to pornographic imagery not be posted
> to FFL (IIRC, it was cardemaister who posted a link.) This is a touchy issue
> because it was pornographic imagery uploaded to the FFL files/photos that got
> FFL listed as an adult group. It was because of that situation that Rick
> asked me to be a moderator in the first place. If memory serves me, during
> the most recent argument over racist language, the person who had uploaded
> the porn said that he would still like to have FFL shut down.
>
> Here is what the FFL guidelines actually state:
>
> "8) Posting of "adult" material, either text or photos, is prohibited.
> Violation of this guideline may result in expulsion from the group."
>
> It is possible that in being extremely protective of FFL's existence I've
> overstepped my bounds. Personally, I think the guidelines should include a
> ban on links to pornography, but I leave that up to Rick's judgment.
>
> As for Edg's post, I didn't read it. My ADD wiring doesn't allow me to focus
> on stuff that doesn't interest me, so I don't see a lot of what gets posted
> here. My primary focus as moderator is on managing subscriptions and keeping
> an eye on the files/photos section, and I leave it up to the other moderators
> to catch the stuff that I miss in FFL traffic.

OK. Seems to me if inappropriate posts threaten FFL's
existence as a group for general readers, somebody, or
a team of somebodies, needs to be monitoring *all* the
posts. When spotty monitoring results in one person
being publicly sanctioned while others equally or more
"guilty" are not, that's not fair; but more importantly,
it doesn't work very well to protect the group.