--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchy...@...> wrote:

> "Polygamy: My strategy here would be to shift the burden of
> proof and make a devil's advocate argument.
>
> For those who cite procreation as the basis of marriage,
> polygamy should be fine given that it is an efficient way
> to increase the population. Also, polygamy might even be
> more "natural" than two-personal marriages given the
> assumption that men are sexually voracious;

An assumption that is as sexist as it is wrong.

Any number of studies have indicated that women
are as "voracious" as men in their sexual appetites
and in many cases more so. This is a statement that
is clearly made by someone who knows no polyamorous
people. If you did, you'd know that sex is the least
of the issues driving their arrangements, and that
in the situations where polyamorous groups are living
together in a sexually-open situation (and not all are),
it's the women who mainly initiate the sex.

> ...this version of marriage accommodates what people think
> is a biological predisposition to promiscuity among men.

Again sexist, and again WRONG. The majority of polyamorous
relationships involve more men in the "group" than women.

It's OK to be ignorant, Raunchy, but try not to be so
*blatantly* ignorant, OK?