> Still sitting here in my chiringuito, in the
> time since I wrote my last post about it, I
> have gotten to experience one of the reasons
> I love it here -- rapid change.
>
> When I wrote the first post, it was 9:10 or so,
> and the temperature was still a very pleasant
> 27 degrees Celsius, 80 degrees Fahrenheit. The
> sun was down but the sky was still full of light.
>
> Then, in the space of just a few moments, every-
> thing changed. Clouds started to form. Then the
> occasional lightning stroke appeared in them.
> And then the clouds became darker, and the light-
> ning became far from occasional, followed by ten
> minutes of torrential rains.
>
> Now the sky is clear again, but the temperature
> is a little lower and both the air and the vibe
> are cleaner. Such a deal.
>
> Some people like locales where things don't change
> much, or very quickly. That's never been my thing.
> I always got off on places like Big Sur or the
> high plateaus of New Mexico, where the rule was,
> "Don't like the weather? Wait half an hour."
>
> There is something of spiritual teaching in such
> an environment. It's as if the environment itself
> contrives to remind you to not get used to anything
> or take it for granted. And...call me crazy...but
> I think that's a favor on its part...

I was in an unbelievable electrical storm, last night, south of Madison,
Wisconsin...really freaked me out...
It seems a storm coming from Iowa, combined with a storm up here, to produce
the most lightening that I have ever seen...
The lightning was going sideways, with sheets of rain...
When I got home, I felt I was lucky to still be alive.
R.