--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Stanley" <j_alexander_stan...@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@> wrote:
> >

> > ow, ooooooo, I shudder to imagine what torture you'd additionally
> > get for snarking at our newbie Meow the other day.
>
> I didn't snark at her. I calmly explained that pretty much any topic is fair
> game on FFL and that any attempt to discourage discussion is not likely to
> succeed. Newbies who come here and try to dictate what's discussed (or demand
> that the moderators censor content they find offensive, as a newbie did a
> while back) need to be told that isn't gonna fly on FFL. There is no right to
> not be offended on FFL.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Hey Stan
the man
with the tan
van
(did you see that on Sesame Street a long time ago?I never got over it.)
One day I saw a tan van pull up to the post office.
A man got out.
I said to my kids, hey, I'm gonna ask him if his name is' Stan'...
because I told them about the Stan the man w/the tan van character...
so I ask the guy,
trying to keep a straight face,
"Is your name Stan?"
And he said 'No.'
I about rolled around and around in my brain over that.
I think I would have died if he said yes.
I think I would have asked him if he had any watches for sale if he said yes.
This character on that TV show had watches for sale in his trenchcoat
and he talked out the side of his mouth
with a funny voice
'Yeah
right...'