--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozg...@...> wrote:

> WillyTex , the FFL village idiot wrote:
> > Do not take the advice of the Bharat Two, the Vajra
> > Dot, or any advice from the Turq Bee, or the Dork
> > Flex.
> >
> > They do not have any idea of good dhmo, punk or
> > pan. Apparently, they are not pundits, they are not
> > siddhas, they are not yogins, or naths, they are
> > obvious TMer impostors.
> >
> I had pan in India, bub.  In Varanasi and in southern Kerala.

I had it in New Delhi.

Bought it from a street vendor, out of curiosity.  I asked him what a beginner
should try (it comes in numerous varieties) and he recommended a "Sweet Pan",
which he then made for me.

Interesting, but I wouldn't ever try it again (just as I once tried chewing
tobacco but would never revisit that experience either).

>  What
> about you?   Guess I might have some idea what pan is.  And actually
> there have been some pan products sold in boxes that have leaves in them
> you can get at the Indian grocery.  I'm not talking about those little
> packets which are mainly the nut cut up with herbs.  Take a look the
> next time you are at the local Indian grocery (if you have one).  They
> are often right there at the register.

Yes, they sell it in each Indian grocery I've been in in the Phoenix area.