Rick Archer wrote:
> [...]
Right before I left India in early 1997 there was a news report on
Indian TV about doctors treating patients who had purchased pan with
tobacco and were coming down with throat cancers.  Much of this was the
packet pan product though I've never seen any available in the US that
had tobacco in it.  Indians love their stimulants be it chili, betel
leaves, teas or tobacco.