--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wayback71" <waybac...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

> > ~~ The Fellowship Foundation or "The Family" and "C Street" Exposed ~~
> >
> > Excerpts:
> >
> > ...The founder believed that god gave him a new revelation saying that
> > Christianity had gotten it wrong for two thousand years and that what most
> > people think of as Christianity, as being about, helping the weak and the
> > poor and the meek and the down and out, he believes god came to him one
> > night in April in 1935 and said what Christianity should really be about is
> > building more power for the already powerful.
> >
> > And that these powerful men who were chosen by god can then if they want to
> > dispense blessings to the rest of us, through a kind of trickle-down
> > fundamentalism."
> >
> > ...In public, they host Prayer Breakfasts; in private, they preach a gospel
> > of "biblical capitalism," military might, and American empire.
> >
> > Citing Hitler, Lenin, and Mao as leadership models, the Family's current
> > leader, Doug Coe, declares, "We work with power where we can, build new
> > power where we can't."
> >
> > Coe once stated, "Mao even had the kids killing their own mother and
> > father. But it wasn't murder. It was for building the new nation. The new
> > kingdom."
> >
> > According to the Washington Post...the Fellowship Foundation is itself
> > linked to an even more secretive religious organization — Youth With a
> > Mission (YWAM), whose Washington, DC branch owns the "C Street House."
> >
> > "YWAM founder leader Loren Cunningham has publicly outlined a vision for
> > Christian world-control," which involves establishing domination over
> > government, education, business, the media, and other areas.
> >
> > Full article here: http://snipurl.com/o8qps
> >
> > http://geniusofinsanityworld.blogspot.com/2009/07/fellowship-foundation-or-family-and-c.html
>

> There is a book out called The Family - The Secret Fundamentalism at the
> Heart of American Power by Jeff Sharlet.  I am just beginning to read it -
> was a best seller a few years ago and is an expose of the Fellowship
> Foundation.

Jeff Sharlet has an article in the Daily Beast: 'Secrets of C Street'

- - The Washington prayer group known as the Family may be in the news after
several of its members had affairs, but it has been setting the agenda—and
propping up foreign dictators—for years.

In this article, Jeff Sharlet, who has tracked the C Street House since 2002,
discloses:

• That the group espouses a religious philosophy that holds God-anointed
leaders are necessary for Christ's second coming.

• A list of American politicians associated with the Family, most of whom are
right-wing Republicans but also some Democrats, including, at one time, Hillary
Clinton.

• How the group does not register as a lobby even as it behaves like one,
offering foreign leaders access to its politicians at events like the National
Prayer Breakfast.

• American politicians who travel on the Family's dime and carry out its agenda
abroad in countries like Serbia, Croatia, Kosovo, Albania, Bulgaria, Belarus,
Sudan, and Israel.

• C Street's support for foreign dictators like Yoweri Museveni in Uganda, Papa
Doc Duvalier of Haiti, and Suharto in Indonesia...

You can read the whole article here:
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-07-26/conspiracy-on-c-street/full/