--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "wgm4u" <wg...@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5" <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> >
> > "there is, even now, something of ill-omen, amongst us. I mean the
> > increasing disregard for law which pervades the country; the growing
> > disposition to substitute the wild and furious passions, in lieu of the
> > sober judgment of Courts; and the worse than savage mobs, for the executive
> > ministers of justice. This disposition is awfully fearful in any community;
> > and that it now exists in ours, though grating to our feelings to admit, it
> > would be a violation of truth, and an insult to our intelligence, to deny."
> >
> > - Abe Lincoln
>
> Sounds like he's describing *acorn*:
> http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/groupProfile.asp?grpid=6968

Actually, a lot of it sounds like he's describing
the people who wrote the right-wing myth-filled
anti-ACORN screed you cite.

Have a look at this. It's from ACORN's own perspective,
so the truth is most likely somewhere in between. But
at least you'll know what the issues are:

http://www.acorn.org/index.php?id=17855