On Aug 21, 2009, at 11:11 PM, WillyTex wrote:

Vaj wrote:
> Ah yes, James Austin. Good stuff!

Ah yes, James Austin, the same James Austin
that cites Herbert Benson, who as everyone
knows, first published the results of TM
with Keith Wallace. According to Austin,
scientists have mapped the relaxation
response in TM meditation. Makes one wonder
if all that stuff you said about TM was
true.

You love your strawmen too Willy, don't you?

I've always known and accepted that TM invokes the relaxation response. In fact I just recently sat with HHDL and Herbert Benson at Harvard and heard him say what 8 common meditations can elicit the relaxation response. TM is one of many.

Of course that would not include people who are unstressing most likely. ;-)