> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "nelsonriddle2001" <nelsonriddle2001@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, WillyTex <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > If she is a U.S. citizen, her 'gun rights' are
> > > specified in the U.S. Constitution, Second
> > > Amendment, which has been consistently upheld
> > > by the U.S. Supreme Court.
> > >
> > > You and Judy can call citizens who exercise
> > > their civil rights 'gun nuts' if you want to,
> > > but it doesn't do your argument for disarming
> > > the people any good. In fact it makes you two
> > > look like extremists, not the othe way around.
> snip,,
>
> IMO the "gun problem" in the US is unsolveable.
> Nothing can be done about the extraordinary number
> of guns already out there, and so any "patchwork
> quilt" attempt to limit the number of new guns
> will be ineffective at reducing the number of
> them. The larger problem is that Americans believe
> they NEED guns to feel safe. People in other
> countries don't. What's wrong with America that
> its people do?

   Had you noticed the peoples reaction to having their guns confiscated in
England for example?
   It looked to me like a lot of them were happier with than without.
    And, I hope you are right about the issue being an unsolvable problem here
as there are some considerable forces trying to solve the problem.
    Their major problem is setting up a dictatorship with an armed citizenry.